Tuesday, November 07, 2006

We Voted Today




As we headed towards the freeway to drop Bratworse off at school, we saw someone waving a sign for Aimee Allison outside the firehouse where our polling place is.

SCREEEEECH, went my brakes as I shouted out, "OMG! We have to vote!"

Laughing at ourselves, we yelled out our thanks to the volunteer waving the sign. "Glad you were here, we almost forgot to vote!"

"No problem!" came the wave back.

It took us 15 minutes, with little hiccups. As we walked back to the car, Bratworse said, "I love voting."

I just smiled at her, because for me, voting is a privelege, not a right. I was born a British Subject, subject to Britain's laws and taxes, but not representation. I wish voting rights are given to U.S. Virgin residents and Guam residents. Yes, did you know that there are American Subjects? Weird huh? Some land of the free we are, free to take their money, but they're not free to vote out bastards.

Anyway, I'm glad I voted. Did you vote today?

comments

0 Responses to "We Voted Today"
 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates