Monday, July 23, 2007

Busy Weekends


I'm too used to having my weekends to myself. I forget that summers, people like to get together and just hang out.

Saturday night, we went to celebrate our friend's 40th birthday. It was a nice quiet affair, quite unlike our raucous youth. There were, of course, rugrats running about with the oldest being 3 and the youngest being around 8 months old.

Bratworse kept claiming that the 1-1/2 year old got her drunk, because we were teaching the child "Cheers" and clinking of glasses. Since she was sitting on Bratworse's lap, it was Bratworse's bottle that she kept clinking. The rest of us were telling Bratworse that in order to teach properly, she HAD to take a swig after every clink, and Bratworse complied.

On the way home, Bratworse got a really bad case of the hiccups and since I was trapped in a car with her, I decided the joyous experience must be shared; so we called up her mom to torture her with the hiccups. I can be an ass.

Sunday, we had the pleasure of spending time with my best college buddy. It was so weird seeing her with two pre-teens because I kind of dropped out of her life for 10 years and missed her pregnancies and the children growing up. We went swimming in our condo pool and all of a sudden, time melted away and it was my best college buddy and I in HER pool back in college.

Her two kids are so well behaved and so... innocent like. I took out some DVDs for them to watch... and the oldest kept saying, "No, that's scary." We finally settled on The Sound of Music and both kids sat transfixed to the TV.

All in all, it was a nice time - and if you're an Asian Animal House member, it was Elephant who came by with her two kids. Teddy Bear and Cat couldn't make it up. Elephant met up with Teddy Bear and Cat later for dinner, but I didn't make it there.

comments

0 Responses to "Busy Weekends"
 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates