Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The Shock of Prejudice


I watched it happen today. I saw someone come face to face with prejudice, full naked undisguised prejudice, and walk away shaken to her core. She had never seen such brutal honest prejudice before.

She told me she felt less than human, which was exactly the intent of the words. The words told her in no uncertain terms that she was NOT one of us, but rather, one of them. This poor woman couldn't understand how someone could be like that. All I could tell her was I understood.

It's never easy, but the first time you're faced with such blatancy, it DOES make you question yourself. We just have to keep remembering it's them that's the deficient ones.

comments

0 Responses to "The Shock of Prejudice"
 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates