Saturday, April 26, 2008

Honey, the miracle drug


Just went through two nights of throwing up. Usually by the end of the second night, I need to go into emergency and get rehydrated via IV. Well this time, I just didn't want to spend the money, so I looked up for home remedies for curing the inability to keep food down.

I read this one account from a woman who claimed that her husband and three kids came down with a stomach virus and she gave her kids one tablespoon of honey, then repeated it two hours later. Her husband refused and was still sick three days later. Their kids felt better after hours.

After reading this account, I dedcided to try it. Bratworse was loving enough to leave the house twice last night, the first time to get me crackers and soda, the second to get the raw honey.

Well, I ate a spoonful of honey at 9:10. Soon after, I was taking sips of water and holding the water down. By 10:30 I was feeling pretty okay, so I took a sip of Sierra Mist. A SIP!

My tummy started gurgling and the next thing I knew, I was worshipping the porcelain goddess again.

At 11:00 I took another spoonful then went to bed. Woke up at 1 am and took another spoonful. By this time, my teeth were screaming "sugar overload!!!!!" The next time I woke, it was 5 am.

It's now 3 pm the next day and I'm pretty much back to normal.

Honey. It's a cure for throwing up and not being able to keep anything down. One spoonful every two hours and two spoonfuls should do it.

If I ever find that webpage again with the original post, I want to shower that lady with jars of honey.

comments

0 Responses to "Honey, the miracle drug"
 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates