Thursday, June 30, 2005

Communistic or Capitalistic?


How very interesting....

One of my co-workers is pretty much a conservative libertarian. He's a hunter, fisher, and he and I disagree on most things political. However with that said, he is probably one of the guys I enjoy most in the office. He's pretty laid back, has a biting sarcastic humor, and is just a good guy.

So both of us had learned about that Supreme Court's decision and he turns to me and says, "How communistic!" I blinked back in surprise. "Communistic? You mean Capitalistic! This is a private corporation going after an individual's property."

He said, "Yeah, but it's government who is giving it to them, so isn't that Communistic?"

I just blinked stupidly, not even knowing how to address this.

In my mind, this was a case of the government bending over to accommodate a corporation. This wasn't communism at all. Communism, in its purest form which is probably unattainable due to human nature, is about sharing resources and wealth and distributing it equally to all. How can this be considered as communism?

In a way, I could see it from his point of view... but how would I go about changing this world view?

comments

0 Responses to "Communistic or Capitalistic?"
 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates