Monday, June 11, 2007

Fire Alarm



Ugh, nothing like a 1 AM fire alarm going off in your building to truly disrupt your sleep. Both Bratworse and I were fast asleep when for some strange reason, the fire alarm went off. She managed to wake up and get us out of bed. I was in a dead sleep, you know, when your limbs feel immovable? My first thought was, the cats! Then I realized 80% of these alarms are false and before I should try herding cats while stumbling in the dark, I should see if the alarms are real.

Sure enough, it was a false alarm.

There's only been two times when the alarm was real, in the past 14 years I lived there. Once, the alarm went off during a Raiders playoff game (when Gannon was quarterback) and most of us Raiders fans had to really fight between watching the final few minutes or leaving for safety. Guess what most of us opted? We watched until the game was a fairly foregone conclusion (pretty much but with the Raiders, we've been known to blow huge leads) then we went outside to talk about the game while firefighters put out a fire.

The other time, it was set off by someone's bad cooking and that was in the middle of the night. I was the only one to respond (it was again about 1 or 2 am and everyone was asleep). When I smelled smoke and realized no one had left their condos, I ran around pounding on people's doors. This time about 20 people gathered outside, though there was no sign of smoke or anything.

Needless to say, I had a really hard time getting up.

comments

0 Responses to "Fire Alarm"
 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates