Tuesday, August 29, 2006

In Laws


So, sugarmeesweettt is visiting us for a little while. It's weird having an in-law, much less an in-law who is the same age as you. We're getting along fine which is always a good thing when in-laws intermingle. I seriously doubt that if the reverse was true, Bratworse would fare well with my mother.

Speaking of in-laws, I actually feel bad for my brother-in-law right now. My sister managed to get a nasty infection which spread to her innards, and had to have an ovary removed this past weekend. So my mother is over there freaking out about my sister, reluctant to leave my sister's side because that is her daughter. In the meantime, they have to pay for a baby-sitter to take care of my little niece and nephew.

"But Mom," I said hesitantly. "Sis is going to be out of commission for 8 weeks, Bro-in-law took this whole week off, don't you think they're worried about money?"

"Hmph! My daughter is sick, who worries about money?"

Of course, her next sentence was about her lack of money.

Sometimes, you just have to shake your head and say, "That's my family."

BTW, sugarmeesweettt, that was a short way of saying, welcome to the Cholotto family.

comments

2 Responses to "In Laws"
  1. sugarmeesweettt said...
    7:20 AM

    Smiling thankyou .. your so nice. I truly understand why my daughter loves you so much..and you are welcome in my home anytime when i move to sylmar.

  2. resigned idealist said...
    12:48 PM

    lol i'm glad you understand why Bratworse loves me so much. I certainly don't.

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates