Thursday, January 25, 2007

Pay Off


Last night was my final for Comp. 1

Basically we had three weeks to do our matte painting (midterm) and two weeks to do our animation (final). I spent two of the three weeks freaking out about my matte painting. I wasn't sure if I was doing it correctly and even had plans of doing two, just in case.

After our midterm the instructor put our grades up, and there were two people that got a 22/25 on the matte painting. To my surprise, I was one of the two! I really thought I had done the assignment incorrectly, but everyone ket telling me along the way that my painting looked really good, and they couldn't wait to see it finished. I'm glad I indulged them and finished it, I couldn't have been happier with my grade.

I spent two grueling weeks (well actually five hardly sleeping weeks) working on my final. Over the term I had gone in to school early, basically staying and working at the school over thirteen hours on some days. I was pretty happy with my final by the time it was done, and last night we critiqued everyone's final. Imagine my elation to discover that my animation was the best!!!

Throught this term I've been on a roller coaster about my abilities. There would be times when despair would hit and I would doubt myself too the point of a mini depression. I can't thank Idealist enough for her love and support. When I was in a downward spiral, she was there to point out how determined I am and how usually when I'm determined I'm successful. She calmed a lot of my fears, and often brightened my day. After the success I had this term, I'm hoping that she won't have to deal with me in that frame of mind again.

I wanted to be the best and I was the best last term!!!!

comments

0 Responses to "Pay Off"
 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates