Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Can't Help Myself



So, I heard from an ex-client this week, Rafael Kayanan and of course, I do a google search on him. I check up on old clients occasionally and in fact, I had googled Raf a few weeks ago and found his old site which looked like it hadn't been updated in a while. I didn't look much further and now I'm kicking myself because I just found his artblog and found some really wonderful loose brush work that I had never seen him experiment on before in the 8-10 years I worked for him. So I'm stealing it to show off here, and give him some other exposure. Hope you don't mind, Raf!

Rafael Kayanan was one of my first 4 clients, and he was one of the ones I'd say I was closest to, in terms of friendships. We never ran out of things to talk about and I loved every moment we spent on the phone, and in person. I promoted the hell out of Raf because he was easily one of the most reliable and talented and nicest guys around, with one MAJOR plus: he understood the world of business and how it's run.

Head over there and be prepared to be overwhelmed a bit. Raf's like a modern-day Renaissance Man - he has to experiment with his artwork constantly and he is as deeply into his martial arts as ever plus he's forever trying to merge the two in his life.

OH! One further thing? That scene in Nobody where she's working out with the martial arts dummy? Raf and I had a HUGE discussion about that while I was writing it and though Charlie did an admirable job with his rendition, it looked NOTHING like what Raf and I were talking about.

And the title of this post? I just can't help myself... I LOVE my ex-clients' artwork and can't help promoting them still.

So, art directors, comic book editors, fight scene coordinators, stunt people, anyone who might want a talented artist with a strong style and MEETS DEADLINES, go to http://rafaelkayanan.blogstream.com/. Thank me later.

comments

0 Responses to "Can't Help Myself"
 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates