Monday, February 19, 2007

Out of Mainstream


Okay. I must admit that I could care less about Britney Spears nor what she did to garner such attention over the weekend, but this post in Gizmodo (of all places) brought her actions to my attention.

What got me ISN'T that she shaved her head. What got me is that the action of shaving one's head (especially if one is female) CONSTITUTES A MELTDOWN.

WTF?!?!? I mean, SERIOUSLY, WTF?!?

I had a mohawk in my 30's, not because of any political statement, nor because of punk music but because after TEN YEARS of thinking about it, my hairdresser said, if it's hideous, wear a hat for 6 months. With that one sentence, he quelled all of my doubts and all that was left was, "Why not?" Without a good answer, I finally said to my hairdresser, "Let's do it."

I loved it. And I looked good too. But after 9 months of being stared at and having no anonymity in the world at large, (because no matter what crowd you're in, be it S&M or punk, or what not, people WILL stare at a mohawk) I finally decided to give up the mohawk and the ONLY quick option out of a mohawk is to shave one's head.

In fact, one of my coworkers and I have decided that if one shaves his/her head, the the other will as well.

Bratworse shaves her head and she looks hot. I looked great with a shaved head too. NEITHER of us shaved our head because we were melting down. SHEESH!

comments

0 Responses to "Out of Mainstream"
 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates