Friday, February 09, 2007

How to Cut Off Nose to Spite Face


I was just reading this article about Lutherans voting to expel a gay minister when this blurb caught my eye.
Parishioners at St. John's Lutheran Church, a 135-year-old congregation on the edge of Atlanta's historic Druid Hills neighborhood, have strongly supported Schmeling. Since he arrived as pastor in 2000, the congregation has grown steadily, while the ELCA as a whole has been shrinking.

Hmm let's see, the church is growing but due to a gay minister so of course! The minister has to go.

And people wonder why I left the church years ago and why I never went into ministry like I had wanted as a teenager.

comments

0 Responses to "How to Cut Off Nose to Spite Face"
 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates