Tuesday, May 09, 2006

DNC and $100


So last night, I get a call from the folks over at the DNC. "Resigned Idealist," he tells me, "we need YOUR help to make those people over in the White House accountable. For just $100, we can put that to good use in making sure we get a majority in the Senate and the House of Representatives."

So I said, "Is the DNC going to come out in favor of gay marriage?"

I was greeted with a "huh?"

So I said slowly, "Why should I get the DNC's back, when the DNC won't get my back?"

"Well," came the reply hesitatingly. "you see..."

I cut them off. "When you guys are willing to go to the mat for me, I'll be willing to go to the mat for you. Thank you. Have a nice day."

I will vote for Democrats cause I believe the time came a LONG time ago for some accountability in Washington. But $100? HAH! I'm willing to put $100 into Mark Warner's (hear that Hillary?) pocket when the time comes, because he had the balls and tits to come out in favor of gay marriage, to say that anything less has to do with making gays and lesbians sub-humans. Those words are worth dollars.

And you know something? My money is worth a lot more to the DNC than my vote cause I live in a democratic state, in a democratic town. My vote means very little in that sense.

comments

0 Responses to "DNC and $100"
 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates