Thursday, July 27, 2006

Good Advice That's Held Up


When I was just starting out in comics, I had a meeting with then editor-in-chief of Disney Comics, Marv Wolfman. Being a fledgling in comics, I asked Marv what would be the ONE advice he'd give me, and he gave me a good one.


He said, "When leaving a number on any voice-mail, make sure to slow down on the last four digits."

15 years later, the advice still holds true.

I tried to impart this to a young legal assistant earlier today. He gave me a harumph of impatience. Just wait till people are annoyed enough that he's the last person on their list to call back, simply cause they don't want to listen to his voice-mail over and over again to decipher the last four digits.

comments

0 Responses to "Good Advice That's Held Up"
 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates