Thursday, September 07, 2006

Bad Bargains, #1



I think I'm going to start a series called Bad Bargains... these are incredibly bad bargains that upon first glance looked like a good idea.

The office supply store I buy from is offering up 18 bags of 2.5 oz Starbucks coffee beans for $43.09.

Wow, I said, 18 bags, that's incredible!

But I usually double-check things that seem too good to be true. So I went to the office refridgerator, pulled it open and took out our regular bag of coffee. It's a 1 lb bag, and helpfully, the package says 16 oz. (which I knew, but I'd have to dig in the recesses of my brain to figure out).

I took out a calculator, and multiplied 18 x 2.5 which gave me a total of 45 oz. Divided that by 16, and got 2.8 lbs.

I pay $9.99 for each l lb of Caffe Verona. For $43.07, I could get four 1-lb bags of Caffe Verona AND a couple of scones.

Therefore, the 18 2.5 oz bags for $43.07 is a BAD BARGAIN. Don't do it.

comments

0 Responses to "Bad Bargains, #1"
 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates