Monday, September 11, 2006

Exhaustion


Ever notice that if you're tired going into work, then work is going to demand more of you that day?

One of the quirks of life I guess.

This past weekend was a doozy. Saturday, I went to my friend's house for 8 hours to help out. She has a 2 year old and a 6 month old baby, and her husband the firefighter was on duty for 4 out of 5 days. Firefighters don't have regular 9-5 jobs; they work for 48 hours at a stretch, then get off work for a couple of days. This meant my friend had to deal with both kids by herself constantly.

So I went over to help wear out the two-year old. Guess who got worn out?

The two-year old is something else. She was politely asking me to help her, and when I did, I finally figured out it was to help her do something against the rules. I told her firmly, "No." which of course led to tears (semi-crocodile ones, since she was peeking through her fingers to watch my reaction). My attitude was, sure, get it all out of you, you're still not going to be able to do what you wanted to do.

The baby is at the BEST age ever. She's great when she wakes from a nap - she happily gurgles and plays with whatever is near her. And she loves to laugh. I just want to pack up the baby and take her with me whereever I go.

Then I come home to find out Bratworse and her mom was reconfiguring the routers. I really have to watch my temper. I lived alone for 8 years and for 8 years, I didn't have to be aware of anyone else around me. I have to remember that it is no longer the case. But I don't. And stupidly, I expect things to be static when I get home, as if no one else lives there.

Well, Bratworse got the network up and I finally got to relax. Bratworse is finally learning that I just need to bitch about things and then I can let it go. She let me kvetch that night and then I was happy as a lark. She didn't take it personally.

Sunday, for some unfathomable reason, Bratworse and I got up at the ungodly hour of 6:30 am. We were helping our friend move but that wasn't until 9 am. It was a short move; we were done by 11:30 with over half the time spent driving. Nonetheless, bed potato me has sore legs today.

The rest of the day was spent in NFL heaven. Well not really because both of Bratworse's team lost and the 49'ers and NY Giants lost. Me, I'm glued to the TV tonight.

But first, I have to get past the day at work. I spent TWO hours at the copier today trying to get a project finished, which on sore legs does not a good temper make.

I am exhausted, but starting to let my hopes spark and kindle for tonight.

P.S. how could I not get my hopes up? Denver got its ass handed to them yesterday by the Rams (HOORAY!!!!!) and the Chiefs also lost. If the Raiders win tonight, they will be the sole leader of the AFC West. Of course, if the Chargers win, they'll be the sole leader, but shhhhhhhhhh, that's not going to happen.

comments

0 Responses to "Exhaustion"
 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates