Thursday, May 03, 2007

Impressions of Glenn Beck


The other day, I was flipping through channels and stopped to watch a strange show.

Why did they get a wrestler to host a talk show? I wondered to myself. The host, was belligerent and "in your face" so to speak, that is, he was leaning forward into the camera talking with his head tilted and gesturing wildly with his hands.

If you ever watched a wrestling show, (I used to, back in the days of Hulk Hogan and Andre the Giant) you will see the same style of talking. Trash talkin' is what I believe they call it. It's usually some beefy guy (somehow the skinnier guys just can't seem to pull it off) whose neck is the same width as his head, tilting his head so that it's at a 45 degree angle, eyes bulging, veins in his neck popping, and pointing his finger into the camera bellowing some belligerent spit-flinging phrases that seem cobbled together with duct tape.

To my eternal surprise, this talk show was showcasing the same idiotic type of guy. I glanced at the name of the show. Ah, The Glenn Beck Show. Apparently, CNN thinks that Americans would appreciate this type of "intellectual" discourse.

I did what most Americans seem to be doing, judging by the Nielsens. I turned the channel.

comments

0 Responses to "Impressions of Glenn Beck"
 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates