Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Lack of Political Posts


Don't know if you've noticed but I've been slacking in the political posts department lately. First off, being without an internet in the evenings really has hampered how much I post. Secondly, the main topics in politics these days are the U.S. Attorney scandals, the immigration reform bill, 2008 presidential candidates and of course, the Iraq War.

I haven't posted much on these topics because I'm realizing in the U.S. Attorney scandal, either you get it or you don't. And if you don't, you don't want to really know. People who don't think that this affair was scandalous will tell me, "What's wrong? They work at the pleasure of the president and all presidents fire U.S. attorneys."

Basically these are the types of people who believe in slave labor - where else can people be removed without justification? In a meritocracy such as the U.S., there really should be NO instances of firing due to political reasons. Trying to explain why the firing of these 9 attorneys (yes, I said 9 and that's cause I DO keep up with the news even though I'm not blogging about it) just fires me up until I see red, so why bother?

I don't know much about the immigration bill so I won't post about it.

As for presidential candidates, I'm not passionate about any of the choices right now so I'll wait until after the primaries to really start making noise.

And the Iraq War? Until Cheney, Bush, Rumsfeld, Rice are behind bars for their involvement in the run-up to the war, why else bother? It certainly looks as if people in congress (the majority that is) are too worried about getting back into office to vote against the war.

I'm going back to work on my WoW chars. It's certainly more fun that looking at the future of this country.

comments

0 Responses to "Lack of Political Posts"
 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates