Friday, May 04, 2007

Moonies or Did My Memory Create That?


At what point in history did Sun Myung Moon gain legitimacy?

I remember growing up in the 70's and having the Jonestown Massacre unveil itself through the media.

I remember hysteria about cults and how the Hare Krishnas and the Moonies and communes were out to brainwash you.

I remember TV movie after TV movie about vanloads of people creaping up stealthily behind you, throwing a burlap sack over your head and whisking you off to parts unknown. Then your parents had to hire some unkempt private investigator who then kidnapped you back and had to reverse the brainwashing.

And then the 80's happened. And talk about cults, kidnappings et al. slowed to a trickle.

And then the 90's happened... and suddenly with his foundation of the Washington Times, Sun Myung Moon, cartoon figure and cult leader, somehow magically became legit.

Can anyone explain to me what happened? Please?

comments

0 Responses to "Moonies or Did My Memory Create That?"
 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates