Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Prove It to Me


I posted a comment earlier to this post in the Washington Note. I am so tired of stupid-ass generalization that says nothing. The author of this post claims that the U.S. is the most powerful in the world. My comment to him was, in what way is the U.S. the most powerful? Financially? Hah! Chinese banks own our notes. Militarily? Hah! With volunteer shortfalls, unarmored humvees, we sure are looking like we're lean and mean and a fighting machine.

I had a co-worker, one whose politics I agree with, tell me America is the greatest country in the world. I asked, have you lived in another country? He said no. I asked, have you been off the continent? He said no.

When you start believing general over-reaching statements like the U.S. is the most powerful, or the best... that's setting yourself up for fear. If you have faith in that statement, any statement that contradicts or challenges will shake your faith and that's when fear seaps in.

comments

0 Responses to "Prove It to Me"
 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates