Friday, August 19, 2005

Shooting Oneself in the Foot



I used to witness this sort of action all the time in the comics business. Every time the industry would make some headway out of being a niche business, the industry as a whole, would shoot itself in the foot.

Now, I'm watching gay rags do it. What am I talking about?

Apparently, The Washington Blade, a once-respected gay rag based in Washington, has hired Jeff Gannon to be a columnist. I don't know whether to laugh hysterically, or sob.

Hey, Washington Blade? Just for the record, there is NO WAY I will read anything Jeff Gannon/James Guckert writes about. Why?

  • He's a PROSTITUTE!
  • He's a LIAR!
  • He's a PLAIGIARIZER! therefore,
  • He's a THIEF!


What in the world are you guys thinking? Oh hey, they call us media whores, so let's actually hire one?

No one reads us anyway, but this will make people talk about us in disgust for a day?

WELL! You succeeded in that, at least. Good luck, Washington Blade. I so wish I had a subscription to you guys so I can write in to cancel.

comments

0 Responses to "Shooting Oneself in the Foot"
 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Lifestyle theme by Brian Gardner | Blogger template converted & enhanced by eBlog Templates